THE THIRD ANNUAL CHICAGO UNDERGROUND FILM FUND
PLEASE NOTE: The following guidelines and entry form are for the Chicago Underground Film Fund ONLY. If you wish to submit a completed film to the Chicago Underground Film Festival please click HERE.
The Chicago Underground Film Fund has been established by the Chicago Underground Film Festival to aid underground and independent film and video makers who share the festival’s maverick spirit and defiant attitude. Cash grants of between $500 and $2,000 will be awarded to selected film or video makers for post-production on works-in-progress that are in keeping with the festival’s mission to promote works that push boundaries, defy commercial expectations and transcend the mainstream of independent filmmaking.
2000 grant recipients were A Cold-Blooded Look at Your Last 60,000,000,000 Years by The Institute For True Purpose Technology, The Escapades of Madame X by Kerry Laitala and Isabel Reichert, Fucked in the Face by Shawn Durr, Hellelujah by Martha Colburn, The Monks-The Transatlantic Feedback by Dietmar Post, Mutiny: Asians Storm British Music by Vivek Bald and The Weather Underground by Sam Green.
The fund is open to all independent film and video directors and producers. Proposals for funding for any existing project will be considered, regardless of length, genre or final exhibition format. Film projects in 35mm, 16mm or super-8 will be considered as well as all video formats.
Grants are awarded based on a number of factors, with an emphasis on works that further the festival’s goal to support films and videos that are innovative in form, technique or content.
HOW TO APPLY
All works submitted must follow the guidelines below. Failure to include any of the items requested will result in disqualification of the submission.
- Completed Chicago Underground Film Fund application form.
- Short written description of the project (1 or 2 pages). Including project synopsis, statement of intent and plans for distribution and exhibition.
- Short Bios or Resumes of all principal cast & crew.
- Work-in-progress cassette. Must be VHS (NTSC format). Proposals must include work-in-progress cassette for consideration. SUBMISSION VIDEOS WILL NOT BE RETURNED. DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS.
- $15.00 processing fee (check or money order made out to CUFF). Processing fees are not refundable. You can also pay for your entry fee by credit card through Insound.com See the application form for details. Credit card payments can only be accepted through insound.com.
Send complete proposal package to: Chicago Underground Film Fund 3109 N. Western Ave.
Chicago, IL 60618
Proposals for 2000 Film Fund grants must be received by February 5, 2001.
All applicants will receive notification by April 5, 2001. Public announcement of grant recipients will be made in late May 2001.
For information regarding the Chicago Underground Film Fund call 773-327-FILM or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go to Fund Application